Pages

Thursday 11 May 2006

Stuff

I had my math exam today... and I have just came home about 30 minutes ago... yes, it started at 10am (it's 17:30)

The exam was okay, I haven't done 2 (from 11) task so I should pass.
I could been home earlier if not for the fact that I am the world's greatest sucker. I came to the library after the exam, and saw two girls from my class struggling with their homework in Word, it seems the program was highly sophisticated for them. Of course, I had to be asked for help... so I spent some time typing their "bibliography" into Word. Mostly because they had to go on the Advanced part of the exam, which I didn't take. Yeah, I'm lazy.

In the meantime I found out that the corrections for the poetry book are finished, and it goes to print tomorrow... so I have to go to school tomorrow at 8am... not only that, I stayed in school 2 hours after the exam checking the corrections with the library lady (she is the one who told me about this project being made). And thus, I spent 6 hours at school.

Some people who know about this tell me that I'm crazy for doing so much work and not wanting any help. Others think I'm reliable for being able to patiently sit for 2 hours only to get a text that I need to work on for another 2 hours. The rare few think there is something wrong with me for not wanting anything in return.

The truth is, I always knew I could be a translator, but I never knew if I can be one. This is a test for me, I want to know if I want this to be what I'm going to do for the rest of my life... and I like it more than I expected, and that's on top of the fact that I'm very, VERY lazy... Translating is just what I do...

Funny thing happened... on my way back, I met the girl in the bus, although she left school 2 hours before me. We talked, I went with her to a shop because she wanted to buy some stuff. We talked, we laughed, we had a good time. And then I came home.

I always believed that there is a balance in the world. The very thought that my suffering means that other people are happy was the only thing that kept me alive for years. But now, when I see the problem that people write in their livejournals, I don't like it one bit.
I have nothing against reading it, I want to know, but I don't want it to be like that... the worst part is, I'm too far away to help in any significant way...

For the time being, I'll check my 117 Topic Reply Notifications...

Next Exam: 15th - Polish Oral Presentation

No comments: