Pages

Sunday 19 April 2020

Week 5: Just a Note

not going anywhere
This week started off well enough as I've received a call from the Job Centre informing me that my Universal Credit has been sorted so I'll be getting some modest income next month. That should help me last a little bit longer. I'm still holding onto hope that I'll be able to return to work after all this is over, which brings me to the next bit of news.

The lockdown has been extended by a further three weeks. While I continue applying for jobs, finding one is becoming increasingly difficult. I think the uncertainty of the situation is starting to get to me. This is not helped by the usual effects of reduced activity on my system. Without regular exercise, I'm finding it harder to sleep and eat. My focus is also slipping and I'm becoming more lethargic.

After talking with some RPG comunity members, I've found out that my internet connection is not up to the standards I thought it was so I had to call my provider. They were willing to upgrade it free of charge but due to the crisis, are unable to get an engineer out until June. I may have to deal with my low connection until then. It's annoying as it's inhibiting my ability to play games with my friends lately.

My nose has been blocked for two weeks now. I had to start using a nasal spray so I could breathe while falling asleep. I'm just glad my sneeze and cough combination has subsided to manageable levels. Maybe in a week I'll be rid of it and I'll be able to breathe without needing additional assistance.

No comments: