Pages

Saturday 24 December 2011

A Rather Short Tale of Two Blogs

I had another blog at one point...

I thought I needed a place to ramble on about games and geek related things rather than put them up on here... this being a blog where I most just share stuff about life and whatever strange thought ends up embedding itself into my mind while travelling through the mental aether...

I kinda decided that blog was redundant... I partly wanted to have it there as a way of entry to creating a webzine and just generate interest in some way... I even got a few people to help with it at one point but that ended up not bearing much fruit... then Real Life took over... how I despise it when it happens... alas, it is inevitable...

The other issue was that I ended up not having the time to write. In the end I probably did make the right choice in focusing on writing my dissertation and getting a job that actually pays the bills instead of spending my time sitting at home and writing articles for a website.

I actually have post-it notes on the wall behind my laptop with all the titles of articles I want to write. They hang there and mock me every single day.

Jeśli to czytasz, Panie Q, to zapewniam, że nie zapomniałem o tych obiecanych artykułach i wiedz, że zostaną one napisane. Nadal mam wszystkie notatki... niestety najpierw chcę skończyć tą moją pracę pisać... bo już dłużej tego nie zniosę... z drugiej strony, już mi tak niewiele zostało do napisania, że zapewne skończę jeśli nie w tym roku to na początku następnego...

Back to a language that, statistically speaking, most of you should understand.

Then I had an interesting observation... if I put anything that relates to my geek nature outside of this blog, I end up with not having much to talk about. I mean, sure, it's not all I talk about and sometimes the things I like are only tangentially related to my posts... but when I take that aspect of my life out and limit myself only to things that I can talk about publicly (which you'd think is the norm on the internet... hint: it still isn't)... I'm pretty much left with nothing interesting to say...

I always said I'm a geek... I may not have realised how much though since I don't think I actually behave like some of those internet horror stories I read... some people are really obsessive about games and after witnessing it first-hand, I really can't put myself there...

so what's the point of this whole train of thoughts?

I don't know... just make something up that would satisfy you...

No comments: