Pages

Monday 13 October 2008

This isn't going to work...

I've outlined the main plot and some scenes for my NaNoWriMo story but I just don't see it working as a 50k novel. At least for now, the whole idea and its direction is too fresh in my mind to make it into that length and have it not suck. I need to spend a lot more time working on the novel than I have in a month, so I'll have to shamefully admit I just can't write it at this point in time.

Class Deceased is what I tried to write last year, so it unfortunately goes to the very end of my novel writing list. The Door has some of the problems that the current story had, so I'll probably not tackle it. The Shaman looks a lot better, it's already a short story so I know what I want to do with it. I just need to add a lot more scenes from various points of view, learn how to speak pirate, polish the plot, add a few more layers to it, make up some more characters, get in the right mood and think of some potential subplots... that last one will be the hardest though...

Still, I feel a bit like cheating this way.
It's something I've already written while the whole point of NaNoWriMo is to write in a month...

No comments: