Pages

Saturday 29 March 2008

Ice Age

My webcam finally gave up and died. Now I'm considering buying a new one, the most likely candidate at present is Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 (image shown below), which is a better version of my old Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 webcam. I still don't know what happened with this one and so I'm a bit reluctant to buy a new one. Unfortunately, at present the webcam doesn't work on any computer I had the pleasure to try it on.


In other news, someone was foolish enough to leave the freezer slightly open for a prolonged amount of time. I only discovered it last week when I put my newly bought fish fingers in. I had to wait a few days before I could start the slow process of defrosting, mostly because fish fingers have the tendency to not live long when outside cold places. Today was the day and I have to say, it is an Ice Age! in there. I only managed to take out the two bottom shelves. I thought that maybe 3 or 4 hours will do the trick but no, after 4 hours I had to manually brake the ice with sharp pointy objects. (I cut myself, but I only noticed it an hour after I was done.) Another shelf was freed due to my heroic efforts and ice fighting abilities! Unfortunately the last one didn't want to move at all, the handle is broken so I think someone tried to force it out without any luck. What's worse, it's that top shelf that's causing the problem and until I get it out, the freezer won't close so the Ice Age won't stop. I'll try and do the same thing tomorrow, putting the shelves in the coldest room while wrapping them in foil, turn the refrigerator off for 4 hours and proceed to exterminate the cold-blooded opposition. I guess I'll be doing this for as long as it takes...

No comments: