Pages

Thursday 20 March 2008

How odd

You know how you're supposed to fast before Easter and how that day changes dates each year?

Something I noticed today is that I was fasting without knowing it. I bought fish fingers last week and haven't eaten any meat, chocolate or snacks since then... If you won't count the remains of a chunk of turkey I still have in the fridge.

Today I bought a lot of things that have no meat in them and I suppose I'll go with it. I'll finish the turkey I have but that's just because otherwise I would have to throw it away. I was raised not to waste food, it's like a deadly sin to my mind, that's why my plates return clean to the kitchen... other than that, I won't be buying chocolate or snacks unless I'm starving at uni and there's no other cheap alternative...

I'll have to go look for some vegetarian recipes me thinks, and some that have fish (although I do not like eating fish). Other than those three, I can't think of any pleasures that I have. I know I spend a lot of time on the internet, but I don't have that I must be online mentality any more. I'm actually spending a lot less time on the internet than before... Roleplaying, can't give it up because it would be unfair towards several people and I do think of it in terms of work. I seriously start posting to games with the mentality of I don't want to do this and then get over it in one swoop. I like studying but as much as I like it I can't give it up in the middle of the semester. Neither can I stop volunteering because that would be stupid... I like reading but now I don't have the time to read, I'll probably give up reading comics though. I like writing but I already write so little and as I learned a couple of times, denial of creativity causes me to go mad with too many ideas. It's akin to having water enter a tank without a hole, after a while it will go bang... Like always, I can't find much things that I enjoy because I like them, a lot of the things I enjoy is because those actions help other people in some way. Even if it's just making someone smile...

I'm weird like that... so until I get a better idea, no meat for 6 weeks...

No comments: