Pages

Monday 4 February 2008

I haven't written anything in quite a substantial amount of time... so here goes nothing...

I'm now a Godfather and I have in plans making a video with pictures of the event... I'm amazed at how my mind is able to go from not knowing why I joined YouTube due to not having any ideas for videos to having a dozen ideas just by making one video... my creativity astonishes even myself...

Shortly after the Orthodox Christmas (which I could finally spend with my family unlike the previous year) I went back to England. Naturally, my laptop was somehow misplaced at the repairs so I had nothing to work on for a week. This was during assignment month thus it caused a lot of angst and anxiety to gather. There were computers I could work on in the university's library but I hate the atmosphere there...

With the start of the New Year, I begot a new project. Vampir's Writing Monthly which is a mere list of email addresses to which I send out some of my writing each month. I originally intended it to be just for the selected few of whom I knew they'd enjoy something like this. After a while, I decided to change that and put up a thread about it... suddenly I have 30 people on my list... now this is really going to make me write regularly.

After I regained my laptop it was not so difficult to get myself into the essay writing mood. Thus I've created an essay analysing language use in a lego catalogue and another on the whole polysemy vs monosemy of modal verbs in English semi-flamewar... I can't say I'm proud of either but they were the best I could come up with considering the circumstances.

I'm noticing that I really do not fit into the Polish RPG community. They are focused on rules to the extent I find plainly degrading. I always found that the moment you apply physics and whatever laws you can think of into a game, you stop playing it... and a roleplaying game is kind of pointless if you aren't playing it... This of course makes writing for the websites a bit harder... I guess my view of rpg rules is more in terms of guidelines rather than laws, it might be an incorrect view but with the way people regard me when I'm making a new game or running one, I come to believe I'm doing what I'm supposed to do.
Making a game enjoyable...

I've created a Scion game called The Second Age of Myth. It sort of becomes my theme for my games to attract attention. I'm amazed when I'm telling someone I'd rather not see them in this game due to how they left one I was running previously and instead of being offended and telling me off, they calmly explain themselves and say they really want to be in my game because of my storytelling. I know this is going to sound egocentric, but I'm really glad people enjoy what I create... and want to see more...

Apparently, since I find this to be funnier than this, I'm immature and not intelligent enough to laugh at jokes above farts...

My sister sent me DVDs of One Piece... 133 episodes... I think I may be in Heaven...

No comments: