Pages

Monday 8 February 2010

What's that novel of yours? What genre, what length? I demand details!

It's a novel about a guy who cheated Death once and is now called by Death to guide the ghosts of people who died in an accident due to a mistake in the underworld bureaucracy. They have unfinished business that needs to be taken care of so Fate doesn't fall apart from a butterfly effect.

The story focuses on how this guy (Jack) is teaching the ghosts their powers, the various approaches to life represented by the five deceased and his girlfriend (Rachael) dealing with keeping his body hidden for the time he returns.

As far as genre goes I'd call it horror but I expect it to lean more towards comedy with some romance added in.

The length will be as long as it will need. For now it's 4 pages, 2 of which I need to throw out and write again. It goes slow because most my writing, reading and thinking goes to university rather than creative writing.

But now that I'm taking creative writing classes again, this may very well change...

No comments: