Pages

Sunday 24 May 2020

Week 10: We're Safe?

Everything is fine
Going outside is in many ways inevitable. I venture outside regularly in order to get my groceries done for the week. It's been two months since the lockdown was first announced. Cafés, restaurants and pubs, and the vast majority of shops are still closed. The few that are open have limits on how many people are allowed inside which causes queues to form outside with people spaced out about two metres between themselves. If not for this, you'd think the pandemic is over.

The moment you enter a store, social distancing becomes a thing of the past. The lack of crowds is the only thing that may remind you there's a crisis going on outside if you keep it in your mind this is not a slow day at the store.

At this point it doesn't feel like this situation will get better any time soon. I suppose this thought it part of why I'm feeling so down these days. Two months of unemployment coupled with low prospects of re-employment during this crisis is not doing me any good. I think it's starting to dawn on me that before the virus hit, I was doing very well working on improving my living conditions and now everything is stagnant bordering on falling apart.

No comments: