Pages

Saturday 10 November 2007

So, I wanted this entry to be a show off post of me allowing you to behold my lovely presents but as I came downstairs this morning...

My mug, my lovely new birthday mug was on the shelf! I was looking around, trying to remember where I must have put it when the terrible thought of someone throwing it away entered my mind. However first I had to make sure it's not everywhere, the next moment I was standing in the living room with a mixed feeling of relief and annoyance... My mug has endured a full week of shelf standing and now it has been used by someone who wasn't me and left to its own demise in the living room, on the table, dirty... it's evening now and it's still there! I could clean it but that would only make them more susceptible to using my stuff with the notion I'll clean them myself.
What's even worse is that it's quite clear that the mug belongs to someone, it doesn't even have the shape of the communal mugs, nor their colours and it stood there with a dozen of them but NO! they had to use mine...
I can understand not knowing who such a thing belongs to, but it should be quite clear to the person who drank from it that it didn't belong to him...

I think I will soon take my stuff upstairs and hold them here, even though it would require me to explain that this and that is mine by right of purchasing the stuff. Of course they might then throw a fit about me being unable to prove any of my claims...

No comments: